Caribbean Books Foundation is a registered non-profit company incorporated under the laws of Trinidad and Tobago and a registered National Cultural Organization, under the Ministry of Culture, Arts and Community Development. Our goal is to connect the Caribbean community and its diaspora through Literature. Books written by Caribbean authors or about the Caribbean are cataloged on this site.
- To maintain our international online platform
- To develop a Caribbean book catalog with information on how the books can be purchased.
- To market the work of Caribbean Authors
- To support authors by facilitating grants, competitions and challenges while working with other literary organizations and government.
- To work with authors, publishers and other stakeholders to increase the number of new books published every year.
- To work with bookstores in the region to assist in the promotion and circulation of Caribbean literature.
Join us! as we celebrate Caribbean Literature.
Marsha Gomes-McKie is the Founder of Caribbean Books Foundation. She is also the Regional Advisor for the Caribbean South Chapter of the Society of Children Book Writers and Illustrators, an International NGO committed to Children’s Literature.
She is a member of the Writers Union and Women in Art of Trinidad and Tobago.
She is a published author of a line of Children Books, Aunty Marsha Children’s Books which she writes and illustrates personally. She also writes Romance and Folklore Fantasy Fiction. She loves working with authors to promote their work and offers editing and sensitivity reading services for Caribbean themed books of all genres and age appropriate focus groups sessions. She is also an avid Caribbean book reviewer and blogger.
She is married with one child.
She lives in the Caribbean and visits the beach to make sand castles regularly. You are welcomed to join her.